What is The Katoomba Project?
- A service funded by the Department of Ageing, Disability and Homecare.
- A service which provides support to residents of Licensed Residential Centres.
- A service offered as part of Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centres – Disability projects.
What does The Katoomba Project do?
The Katoomba Project aims to LINK YOU with existing mainstream services, for the purpose of
- Skills development
- Community Access & Integration
- Leisure & Recreation
How does The Katoomba Project work?
- First you sign up with The Katoomba Project
- Then you tell The Katoomba Project staff about yourself and the things you want to do
- The Katoomba Projectstaff then help you to develop a plan to achieve your goals
- As you achieve your goals you and The Katoomba Projectstaff will review your progress so that (continued)
The Katoomba Project – Linking you and your community
All clients of The Katoomba Project agree to adhere to the following code of conduct when participating in any service activities.
Code Of Conduct
- I will not physically or verbally abuse other service users, staff or community members.
- I will not sexually harass other service users, staff or community members.
- I will not intimidate or harass other service users, staff or community members.
- I will not attend if I am affected by alcohol or illicit Drugs.
- I will not attend if I am suffering a contagious illness.
The Katoomba Project has a Duty of Care to ensure the safety of service users, staff and community members. We appreciate your respect and cooperation in regard to our Code of Conduct.