Community Access Service runs regular social events in the community for CAS clients, and people in the community: both those specifically identifying with a Disability or Mental Health issue, and the general community.
Examples of Events:
• Community Disco- Friday night every three months at Mavis Wood Hall, Mid Mountains Neighbourhood Centre, Lawson and infrequently in Lithgow
• Community Movie Nights- in Bates Hall at Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre
• Dinner and performance outings: for example, Christmas in July and live performance events such as Abba tribute
• Annual participation in Blackheath Day- mid-May (e.g. performances by the CAS Performance Troupe and the Kat Cafe)
• Annual participation in Rhododendron Festival: end of October (e.g. CAS Performance Troupe and the Kat Cafe)
• Annual participation in local International Day for People with a Disability: 03 December
To hear about our upcoming events, please contact CAS directly on 4787 5684
• Youth Drama group. In collaboration with Wellspring Movement Based Theatre CAS runs a youth drama group in Blackheath for people aged 18-35. The group invites beginner to experienced participants- exploring a diverse range of drama performance, exercises and improvisation.
• The CAS Performance Troupe is quickly becoming a famous establishment in the Blackheath Landscape. This drama group is for participants of any age, and has performed at Community events, including a “Circus Spectacular” performance at International Day for People with a Disability event in Katoomba 2014, and a Mad Hatters Tea Party performance at Blackheath Day 2015.
• We have a Beading Group that creates necklaces, bracelets and jewellery, which the artists can sell on Etsy- the handmade arts and crafts online portal, or at CAS community event stalls.
• Kat Community Cafe offers opportunity for skills development in all areas of hospitality for would be baristas, through our enterprise development project.
• Yoga group- we have a yoga and stretching group that get together for movement and fun.
If you would like to participate in any of these programs, or find out what else we have on offer, please contact CAS directly on 4787 5684
If you would like to stay up to date with what’s happening at CAS, we invite you to like our Facebook page-https://www.facebook.com/communityaccessservice or visit our blog page: http://communityaccessservice.com/[/vc_column][/vc_row]