Please note: The tables and chairs MUST be left as outlined in the user guide or else a fee will be deducted from the bond.
By submitting this form I/we acknowledge that I/we have received and read a copy of the Conditions of Hire and User Guide and I/we agree to the Conditions of Hire and User Guide. I/We accept nomination as the person/persons in charge of the hall during the hire period and confirm that I/we are 18 years of age or over. A Certificate of Currency (if required) has been submistted (see below). Keys can be picked up between 9.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday or at other times by prior arrangement only.
Uses / activities that are not permitted are:
- The drilling of holes, nails, tacks or other such materials that cause permanent damage to the building, its fixtures and fittings
- The use of adhesive tape on the floor, walls or ceiling
- The use of exposed / naked flames
- Pets on the premises or surrounding grounds (unless specifically requested and permitted eg., a petting zoo may be permissible)
- Smoking on the premises
- Outdoor signage unless permitted on an existing sign or separate approval is sought from the Council
- Liquor unless appropriate permits / licences are provided to the Council.
The Principal Hirer is accountable and responsible for:
- Ensuring that all fire exits are kept clear at all times and fire regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Damages that occur to the facility, its grounds and / or equipment during use;
- Ensuring that stated capacity of the facility is not exceeded and that vehicular parking, entry and exit does not cause safety issues or nuisance to surrounding areas;
- Returning the premise to a clean and tidy state;
- Turning off equipment and securing the building;
- The hiring of security guards when required (1 per 50 people);
- Ensuring that electrical articles / leads that are brought onto the premises have been tested and tagged by a qualified electrician;
- Seeking and obtaining other licences / permits and approvals that may be required for the event.
- The use of portable ladders, scaffolding or elevated platforms must be used in accordance with Workcover NSW requirements including operator permits.
Note: As Principal Hirer you have responsibilities:
- Under the Work, Health and Safety Act to ensure safe work practices are followed. To minimise risk, ensure that any contractor or commercial operator engaged as part of the event holds a current liability / workers compensation certificates and / or appropriate licenses.
- Where the production and service of food forms part of the event Food Safety Standards must be met. If a commercial caterer is engaged ensure that they hold current product / public liability.
Failure to comply with these terms and conditions could cause a future request for hire to be refused and bookings already made to be cancelled. The bond may be forfeited.
Council reserves the right to cancel access to a facility for an event. In extreme circumstances this may occur with limited notice. In such instances and where possible every effort will be made to accommodate the event on an alternate day or in another (suitable) Council managed venue.