Join the BANC team!
Paid training provided
Salary packaging options
Additional paid leave
Supportive team environment
Established, reputable, local community-based provider
Subsidised out of school hours care for your school aged children
10 hours per week
About the Role
BANC has an exciting opportunity for a marketing professional to join our team. You will be responsible for the promotion of BANC to the community, as well as the development and execution of membership strategies and fundraising initiatives. This will include:
- Creating brand awareness of BANC including local media presence, special events, social media and advertising;
- Delivering communication strategies;
- Managing BANC publications;
- Developing fundraising proposals;
- Developing membership of BANC.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or related disciplines OR Minimum 4 years practical strategic marketing experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage with a variety of people;
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office software;
- Copy writing skills with strong knowledge of social media;
- Strong project management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Good general knowledge about the Upper Blue Mountains, local businesses and our community culture; and
- Photography and graphic design skills are highly desirable.
Download a copy of the job description here.
You can play a vital role in BANC’s mission to build a resilient, supportive and active community where everyone is included and no one is left behind. There are many ways to help.
Whatever your skills are, we can use them! Just some of the options include various small tasks at the Neighbourhood Centre and community events, assisting with some of our BANC Access group activities for people with disability, or becoming a volunteer tutor at our Cyber_Shed.
When members of our community need a helping hand due to illness or emergency, or just need someone to share a cup of tea with, Blackheath Cares is there to help. Put your hand up to shop, transport, cook, visit or help out in other ways.
Contributing to our food bank is easy. Just pick up an extra bag or two of necessities when you shop and either drop them off at the Neighbourhood Centre or, even easier – shop online at Coles or Woolworths and ask them to deliver to us direct. You can also purchase and donate food vouchers from local businesses. Most requested items include pasta and pasta sauce, tinned meals, and toiletries including toothpaste and feminine hygiene products – but everything is welcome.
BANC contributes to the well-being of its community in countless ways. To get an idea of the impact we make, simply browse this website or read our Annual Reports.
You can help us to continue this important work by making a cash donation of any size. All donations to BANC are tax deductible and we’ll provide a receipt for tax purposes. You can make a one-off donation or choose the option of making a regular monthly contribution.
Thank you for your support!
Become a member
You can make a significant and ongoing contribution to everything we do by becoming a member of BANC.
Being a member is an important way for you to have your views and ideas heard. You will be able to vote at our Annual General Meeting or stand for membership of our Board.
Our members, whether they are movers and shakers or quiet achievers, are the kinds of people who make things happen in the Upper Mountains. By joining their ranks you will become part of a powerful force for good in our community,
Click here to learn more or apply to become a member.